In mid-1943, the Germans began to build logistics in northern France for their upcoming attack with V1 flying bombs against England.
The supply depots that were the last storage and preparation before transport to the firing bases were often built in small villages.
Around the houses bunkers in pre-fabricated blocks were built. That way, the entire village became part of the depot and thereby camouflaging it for the Allied bombers.
In Normandy, on the Cotentin peninsula, two supply depots were built. One in Valognes and one in Bricquebec.
After the Allies landing in Normandy in June 1944, the supply routes from Germany were cut off and therefore no V1s reached the depots.
Today, the old warehouses are around the towns and are being used by the locals.