In 1943, the German Navy (Kriegsmarine) built a port 3 km. south of Swinemünde in present-day Poland.
The port served as a base for training cadets for submarines and S-boats [Schnell, known in England as E boats]. At the same time, the port was used for the supply and repair of ships. A narrow-track railway made it possible to transport torpedoes and ammunition from a depot in the forest up to the vessels.
Today, the port is only used by yachts and sailboats though some remains of workshops and barracks are scattered around the area.
© Picture by Signum 03