In the summer of 1941, the German Army began construction of a 4-gun battery armed with 4 x 150 mm. guns. Located on the western side of Finnøy Island in Norway, the battery was sited to protect the entrance to the port city of Stavanger as well as Boknafjord. The guns were mounted in concrete open ring positions. They had a range of 22 kilometers.
The crew was housed in both barracks, and quickly built bunkers. The site also consisted of a commander bunker, ammo bunkers, and bunkers for antiaircraft guns.
Today, the elements of the old battery are scattered on private property.