Naval Gun Battery Strassburg

In the southeastern corner of the Channel Island Guernsey, the German Navy built gun battery with four 220mm. guns. The guns were war changing from when the Germans occupied France in 1940 and have a range of 22 km. They were placed in open concrete ring positions and cast ammunition and crew bunkers and a large command bunker (M132) to control the fire from the guns.

Close to the battery stood the Doyle monument, but as it restricted the 360° field of fire, it was removed by the Germans in 1944.

A smaller monument was restored in the same location as the original, in 1953.

South of the battery, the German army built two observation bunkers on the edge of the slope.