Naval Gun Battery Selbjörnsfjord

The German navy had already set up four 120 mm guns at the Osterneset on the northern tip of the island Stord in the autumn of 1940. The guns had a range of 10 km. Three years later, in the summer of 1943, the guns were replaced with more modern 127 mm guns with a range of 17 km.

In addition to the guns, three 76 mm and three 20 mm anti-aircraft guns and a light mortar were also installed in the gun battery.

Nowadays, the gun battery is well preserved, but very isolated.