Naval Gun Battery Petsamo

The Naval Gun Battery Petsamo was located in the outermost corner of the German Reich. facing Russia. Built in the autumn of 1941, the gun battery comprised four 150 mm. guns with a range of 16 km. and a gun tower with two twin mounted 150 mm. guns with a range of 23 km.

These guns were used regularly to shell the Russian airport of Pumanki. However, during a strong Russian attack, the position was abandoned, the guns blown up and the area evacuated.

The remnants of the gun battery are currently in a Russian military area and access is therefore limited.