Naval Gun Battery Drammont

Construction of this gun battery started in 1943 and would consist of 3 x 150 mm. guns, each mounted in its bunker. (M272)

The gun battery was still under construction when the Allies landed on Dramont beach on 15 August 1944. The gun bunkers were partially finished, but the guns were still in Toulon.

As part of the operation the gun battery at Le Dramont was attacked early in the morning of 15 August 1944. The attack went through very easily, since the gun battery was not defended and the attackers were quickly able to occupy the empty bunkers.

The battery is now scattered, with one bunker on the campsite, one on the farm next door and one that was never finished at the quarry. The bunker on the campsite has been converted into a house.