Stronghold Løkken

The city itself was fortified with antitank guns, mortars and machine guns; all installed in heavy pillboxes. Barbed wire, minefields, trenches and tank traps were placed on the beaches.

In late 1942 a gun battery of four 120 mm. guns taken from Denmark became operational. In 1944, the Danish guns were replaced for four modern German 127 mm. guns. The guns were located in fortified casemates, and were situated behind the first row of sand dunes. Due to erosion, the entire battery is now located on the beach.

Their were a radar station to the north of the casemates, and the entire area was covered by antiaircraft guns.