In 1941, on the top of the rocks south of the city of Yport, the German army started construction of a gun battery of six 155 mm. guns. These were French dating from 1917 and had a range of 21 km. Bunkers (R679) were built for two of the guns and today these are the only trace of the gun battery.
© Picture by martin spanor