Gun Battery Vester Vedsted
In early 1944 the Germans began construction of a coastal battery to cover the waters south of the Danish island of Fanø as part of their Atlantic wall. The guns were captured Russian 122 mm. guns and each of the four guns was placed in a pillbox (R669). In addition, three machine gun bunkers were built for close combat. Crew facilities and a fire command bunker were installed in light bunkers, built of concrete blocks. The entire coastal battery was protected by barbed wire and minefields.
From 1943 simple gun batteries like this were built along the entire Atlantic wall. Notably at Ver-Sur-Mer, Merville and Törring.