Gun Battery Lindesnes

This gun battery was started by the German army in 1941. The four French guns were from 1913, had a caliber of 105 mm. and a range of 12 km.

The gun battery was built around Lindesnes lighthouse and in addition to the cast ring positions for the guns, there were also cast trenches and bunkers.

In November 1943, the guns was moved to a new location by Mandal and the German navy used one of the old gun emplacements and established a radar (Würzburg Riese Fumo 214).

The German air force used the lighthouse as an observation post.

It is now possible to see the old bunkers and trenches around the lighthouse.