Gun Battery Laukvik was built by the German Army and consisted of six 155 mm. guns with a range of 17 km. The guns were French and they were operational in the summer of 1942. The posts were a combination of mountain ranges blasted and chopped into the rocks and cast concrete bunkers. The command bunker (R636) was equipped with a distance meter and the entire battery was protected by anti aircraft guns and machine guns.
The gun battery is very well preserved today, but is on private grounds.