Gun Battery Bud

The construction of this coastal battery was initiated by the German army in the summer of 1941. Russian and Polish prisoners of war stood for the hard work of blasting and chopping bunkers and tunnels into the rocks.

Six 155 mm. French field guns were put up and they had a range of 17 km. At Kjekså, two kilometers to the east, a radar (FuMO 3) was set up to help with warning and targeting.

In the middle of the Battery, a large command bunker (R 636) was built, equipped with a range finder and targeting equipment.

The Gun battery was operational in spring 1942 and consisted of four air defense guns (Flak 38), two headlights and several armored gun guns in addition to the main armor.

The building was registered as completed in early summer 1943, but it was continuously expanded until the liberation in 1945.

After the war, the Gun battery was discontinued and in 1995 it opened as a museum.