German Gravel Mill Tréguennec

Organization Todt, which undertook virtually all German construction works before and during the war, built a large factory at the French town of Tréguennec in Brittany in 1942 to crush stone.

The factory provided aggregate to build the very many bunkers along the Atlantic Wall. A rail siding and roads were built at the mill so that enormous quantities of ballast could easily be transported to the construction sites.

The factory continued production throughout the war and it was subsequently taken over and managed by a French company until 1948, when it was closed.