Naval Gun Battery Skrolsvik

In the summer of 1941 the German army established guns at Skrolsvik at the northern entrance to Narvik in Norway. These guns were in August 1943 replaced with four 150 mm. guns in the same location, but by the German navy. The new guns were secondary armament for the two battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau and was individually mounted in the turret. The range was 22 km. and to direct the fire from the guns, a large command bunker (M120) were built. After the war, the gun battery was taken over by the Norwegian defense and it was first closed down in 1989. The four guns are now part of a museum.